Saturday 22 October 2016

other imperfections [Nádia Simão]

Life doesn't have to be perfect is a very personal blog. It shares tastes, thoughts, life lessons, suggestions based on [my] life, hand made objects inspired in [my] life and moments of [my] life. Gradually it has grown and I have added people of my life, of my heart. Today I present you my childhood friend. A person who I go along with for over 35 years. We stopped being friends and we are already like sisters. We shared the childhood, adolescence, the twenties, the thirties and now the tenderness of the forties. We argue and we get along without even a formal apology, we tell the truth bluntly, we help each other without quantifying or asking in return. I am fortunate to know this talented writer, who readily agreed to be part of my world of imperfections often so perfect. Please, meet Nádia Simão:


It’s never easy to talk about myself, you get the feeling of being a little unrealistic or over the edge. I believe it happens to all of us, not knowing exactly where to start when turning us into words for others to get to know us better.
I grew up in a quiet neighborhood, just outside my beloved Lisbon, one of the most amazing cities that offers me a stunning sunrise over the bridge of the river Tagus on my daily way to work. After years studying during a smooth adolescence, due to my shy and quiet nature, my unnoticed way through college has given me a degree in Portuguese and English linguistics and literatures. I believe in my gifted nature for accents and speaking foreign languages.

At 41 of age I see myself as a normal girl who chose to work in civil aviation, a heritage from family. I am always trying to surpass the more complicated and stressful days in the office. Well, travelling and aircrafts’ “bug” spoke louder.
As it may seem rare, I still live in my parent’s house since my birth and in their fellowship. Since I haven't got married, haven't got children or even pursued a long-term relationship, it has became more comfortable and easy to have extra time for me and my hobbies, I admit.

Although my self-esteem has its ups and downs I see myself as an intelligent woman, curious about the world around me and eager to please the special ones in my personal circle. I'm friendly, I have empathy for the good-hearted and I learned to always give my best whether at work or in personal relationships, though sometimes I forget myself in the process.
I’m smiley, funny, affectionate and mindful. I get inspiration from doing what I really love in my spare times: writing, creating stories, painting or just listening good music. I’ve been writing since I was 16 and for me it’s an escaping from a stressful and difficult reality where we juggle to stay alive in such a complex society.

I love traveling, even if just through TV documentariries like National Geographic or by reading magazines about nature and animals, I adore animals. Autumn is my favorite season, it fascinates me, I don’t really enjoy those hot days in summer. There is an enchantment in autumnal vibrant colours and cosiness in more comfy clothes.
But well, I’m not just this bright side, I have my moody days. I’m stubborn and sometimes I get angry easily, stress is my fellow and people are always telling me to ease my brain, to love me better and stop worrying about other’s opinions or manners so much.
I enjoy living, loving, discovering, feeling and I try to make my world a place where friends and family can feel welcome and cared for. My motto? – “Life is like a mirror, it reflects only what you show!”

No comments:

Post a Comment